Saturday, May 23, 2015

Dabs, waxs, shatter, what happend to cannabis bud?

While cannabis buds or flowers are still the main way people consume cannabis!
And yes, more people are choosing to consuming cannabis by eating it, drinking it, or rubbing it on to help with aches and pains.
But what is everyone talking about when saying "dabbing?"
I have a really simple non scientific explanation that I really like using with new cannabis patients (at the dispensary I work at.)
I take out some cannabis buds and I explain it like this (since our dispensary is awesome and test our flowers for mold, pesticides etc. and does a cannabinoid profile giving patients the THC and CBD percentages too)
So I explain that Cannabis buds usually test between about 7%THC-as high as 35% THC. and we then burn up the rest of the bud.
Next I show them the Kief (the tricomes in powder form) and hashish (in pressed form) or made from water extraction (those tricome concentrates) typically test around 20%THC to 70+% THC. I explain that with kief, and hash the product are not made with solvents.
Then there is concentrates aka: dabs, oils, waxes, shatter, crumble, etc....
The names seem to have a lot to do with what it looks like. Is its earwaxy? Yes, there is a cannabis concentrate called earwax. But concentrated cannabis aka dabs or vaping can test with THC ranging from 25+% THC to 90+% THC. There is only the best of the best left all the lovely cannabinoids and usually high amounts of THC. So a little goes a long way, and "a little DaB will do!"
However, concentrated cannabis comes at a great risk, in that much of it is made with solvents like explosive butane. Different kinds of alcohol that can be flammable. But there are also safer, healthier ways that the cannabis community is learning to make our coveted Dabs!! Like with Co2, or Oxygen and Nitrogen. Of course people are learning how to make cleaner and safer products for our patients. When I can take a couple of draws off my vape pen, with 87% Sour Diesel it isn't but a few minutes until my pains are lessened and my head is clear and ready to get started. Concentrated cannabis  allows me not to stink like when I smoke the cannabis flower. and a little goes a long way in that a couple of puff off my lovely vaper globe and I am set.
My lungs are not exhaling smoke, with C02 extraction only the best and the cleanest cannabis is left behind and I actually notice that I don't cough of that stoner's flem I use to.
So whether you run into concentrated cannabis and they call it Dabs, or was, or shatter or goo, give it a try. Remember vaping expands differently in your lungs (almost like you can't feel your lungs are full) so start off with smaller puffs till you find what amount is best for you.
More on which dab device is best for your fine cannabis concentrates on the next edition of
The cannabis can generation!
~Peace Ican Cannabis Blogger    
  

No comments:

Post a Comment