Tuesday, May 12, 2015

I am a whole plant cannabis theorist!

What does a whole plant cannabis theorist mean? It is quiet simple actually, I believe it taking using the whole plant to get the most benefits from the cannabis plant. That means, making raw cannabis juiceor dehydrated shade leaves (I like tamari flavored) to using the cannabis flower fresh and dried for tinctures, to vaporize. To dry and smoke, and then also used dried flowers to make the many other products I like to use and teach others to use as well. Down to the roots where you can dry and chew on, or dry and then use for capsules (roots tend to be woody and low THC) but to be a whole plant theorist in my mind, every part of the cannabis plant should and needs to be used.
Another aspect of the whole plant cannabis theory is that I don't believe people should keep trying to isolate specific compounds and or cannabinoids to use that one part to fix a specific illness. I believe whole plant in different strains or bread to have different cannabinoids, compounds and even terpines, will help specific problems that people suffer from. I believe we have already been given this special plant and so just learning which strain work best for your issues, and understanding that most patients using cannabis learn to use a variety of strains at different times for different purposes.
If this is confusing lets ask you this? Do you just have one issue wrong with you? Of would you say you suffer from a variety of aliments? I myself have had migraines since age 6, and still do today. I have other chronic pain conditions from different injuries and the older I get the more I seem to be bothered by them. It's age, but using the right strain of cannabis can help relieve my pain, my muscle spasms. It help relax my nausea and allows me to eat. It can relax my depression and anxiety too. all with one plant cannabis. Yes, I change how I may use the cannabis: where I may vape it, eat it, rub it on some sore muscles, drink the raw leaves (High in CBD) to decrease inflammation. Over the years I have learned the more I am willing to use cannabis, and in different ways, the better I feel. For me it is definitely isn't about smoking a fatty ( it can be sometimes) but 90% of my cannabis use has to do for a reason. Yes, getting out of my PTSD stressed out mind, might be one reason, but it works. Cannabis has no history of killing anyone from overdose, so I feel comfortable trying out different ways to use cannabis to help me and others.
I have blogged and always will blog on how much I love cannabis dispensaries, their workers and especially at our dispensary how much we try and educate our patients on the benefits of cannabis and the varieties of ways to use it. There is another part of using cannabis though,  it can be very expensive. I am hopeful that in years to come the more legal it becomes the cheaper it is, but from what I have seen in the newly legal states of Colorado, and Washington cannabis is taxed at such a high rate that using if for a medicine can be very costly. Yes, they do have medicinal dispensaries there too, but the dispensaries have to mark up the products they sell to pay for all their own business expenses. So learning to make your own medicine and even grow your own medicine can be the best way to use cannabis on a regular and continual basis.
So if You already have been using cannabis and have been trying different strains, I really encourage you to keep a journal on the name of the strain, is it an indica or sativa and or hybrid ( both strains combined) what aliments did it help you with. How long did it last before you had to use again. How well did it work (on a scale of 1-10 ten being most helpful) and how did you inject it?
You will be seeing more and more artilces, and television shows on cannabis and hearing a lot about the cannabinoid CBD, many people and scientist are working to isolate that specific cannabinoid so use cannabis without getting someone HIGH, especially children. I get this and understand that, but also have seen strains grown with 15 % CBD and .7%  THC (not even 1%) and I know there are many doctors still very concerned about getting our children high, and not understanding the long term studies of using cannabis. But the parents that I see who are choosing cannabis, it wanst there first options, honestly it was one of if not their last choice. The drugs that doctors are giving there children who have a variety of diseases and illnesses that are not only debilitating them but drugs that can possibly kill them. But cannabis is still one of their last choices, and I do understand that. So often parents believe they need the CBD Only medicine to help their child. Please go into the aricieve of this blog and read the article by the cannadad who blogs about his daughter brave Mykayla. who was using cannabis in a variety of form during her bouts of chemotherapy. She was known my many as the "healthiest chemothery patient" doctors have seen. Her parents decided to give Mykayla cannabis in a variety of forms. from tinctures, and RSO (rick Simpson oil) to cannabis infused treats that she could ask for. I watched videos and read articles on her progress and she really did well on cannabis, not just CBD only, but THC as well. When parents are faced with losing their child they will go any lengths to keep them alive. After watching a variety of children on Dr. Gutpa's "weeds" #1, #2 and #3, you can witness children who reduce their seizures by incredible numbers, but for the most chronic patients, these children can build up a tolerance to the CBDs and sometime their incredible results start to diminish. I questions is it that they are only getting CBD cannabinoids?
For whole plant theorist we believe it cannabis medicine requires the whole plant to give the most benefits to patients. Yes, I have read the studies that support the theory that children who use to much cannabis as a young age (juveniles) who had long term use of cannabis, showed results were some studied had increased schizophrenic results, that they linked with cannabis. But that was one study, and I do understand the concern. However, If I had a child of was having daily seizures, you bet I would try cannabis and Not just CBD! I believe in the whole plant of cannabis helping people, I see it stop seizures during an episode. I believe once we are allowed to study and  learn more about specific cannabinoids and cannabis as a whole plant, then we can understand if there are any serious issues we should be concerned with giving cannabis to our children for severe illness
You will continue to hear, read, talk about the newest big thing in cannabis "CBD" and it's benefits, Yes they have amazing benefits, but their are over 100 cannabinoids to date, and I just wonder what else can we benefit from those cannabinoids too?
I still believe as we study cannabis, we will go through a mirage of  "this being the best part of cannabinoids" and "this one is the cure", I am a whole plant cannabis theorist, I believe we will always need the full plants, all parts of the miracle cannabis to truly receive it full benefits.
~Peace
ICAN CANNABIS BLOGGER  

No comments:

Post a Comment